Liverpool64 was formed in 2018. It has grown quickly and as of May 2021 has over 100 members registered to sing across its soprano, alto, tenor and bass sections. The choir rehearses weekly on Monday evenings 6.30-8pm in the cathedral.
What Music Does the Choir Sing?
Liverpool64 learns and performs a wide range of music from across multiple genres. The choir also focusses on learning one full-work each year. In 2019, members performed Karl Jenkins' The Armed Man: A Mass for Peace. The full-work for 2020 was Faure's Requiem, but this will instead be performed in October 2021. The pace of learning is relatively fast, and that is why we ask that members have a basic understanding of reading music.
Is There a Cost to Join?
Yes. Membership is £50 per year or £25 for students (payable each September) . It is £25 for January-September (again being half price for students).
How Do I Join Liverpool64?
There is no audition for this choir. We ask that the adult can sing in tune and has at least a basic understanding of reading music. Membership of the choir spans right across the Liverpool City Region and further afield into Wigan. It was originally called '64' as this was the maximum number of members we originally envisaged. We have now far exceeded this number but the name will remain the same. To enquire about joining please email the departmental administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Examples of Previous and Forthcoming Concerts and Services
- Feb 2019 - St Valentine's Concert at St Margaret of Antioch CE Church, Toxteth
- May 2019 - All Ages Sing concert at Liverpool Cathedral
- June 2019 - National Make Music Day Performance at Liverpool World Museum
- Dec 2019 - Action for Children Christmas Concert at Liverpool Cathedral
- Dec 2019 - ECHO Carol Concert at Liverpool Cathedral
- April, May, July, December 2020 - Various virtual recordings
- Dec 2020 - Pre-recorded carol concerts for Alder Hey and the Liverpool Clatterbridge Cancer Centre
- Dec 2020 - Christmas Eve carol services at Liverpool Cathedral
- May 2021 - Return to in-person rehearsals
- Jul 2021 - Choral Matins with the Liverpool Cathedral Choir
- Jul 2021 - Promenade concert for the launch day of the Liturgy and Music Foundation
- Oct 2021 - Faure Requiem at Liverpool Cathedral (Covid-19 Memorial Concert)
- Dec 2021 - Family Christmas Concert at Liverpool Cathedral
- Dec 2021 - Christmas Eve family carol service at Liverpool Cathedral